|Education: BS/BA in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or Business Administration with computer related minor, the technical equivalent of the bachelor's degree, or commensurate professional experience.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience performing WAS administration and support at the Enterprise level, multi-platform environment consisting of Wintel and IBM iSeries System application servers, HTTP servers and application load balancers. Experience with service oriented architecture and Web technologies including scripting - Ant, Maven, eclipse, Java, STRUTS, EXT JS, and JAVA enterprise applications. Experience with the following is a plus, but not required - WAS Network Deployment, Barracuda Load Balancers, Linux, AppDynamics - application monitoring.
Skills: Good communication skills (verbal and written), logical and analytical thought process with proven system administration skills, aptitude to learn quickly and incorporate new technologies as needed, ability to work well independently or with a team, and the ability to effectively communicate within technical services and the customer community.
Certifications (preferred): IBM Certified System Administrator - Websphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0 or V8.0
|• Provide leadership and direction toward the optimal use and performance of WebSphere Application Server (WAS).
• Responsible for application support and architecture design of future systems.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures for the management of WAS application servers.
• Provide technical support for the various application environments utilized in WAS design, development, and implementation.
• Configure, administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for the software development tool sets (Rational Team Concert, Rational Application Developer. Eclipse, JDK).
• Configure, administer and maintain WebSphere Portal server in Wintel System infrastructure.
• Configure, administer and maintain WAS and HTTP servers in Wintel and iSeries System infrastructure.
• Support LeasePlan's SOA framework, including Software AG's Enterprise Service Bus.
• Install and support Apache Tomcat and other Open Source Application Servers and utilities.
• Alert and performance management using AppDynamics.
• Create, refine and maintain Ant and Maven scripts
• Assist development teams with the promotion of code throughout the application landscape.
• Assist development teams with performance testing of application including use of Load Runner
• Develop and maintain all applicable documentation pertaining to system configuration and application interfaces.
• Perform quality assurance testing for all programs, created or modified, plus any other applications affected.
• Train and assist other department personnel.
• Respond to on call emergencies pertaining to WAS, as needed.
• Research and implement problem resolutions in a timely and effective manner.
• Confer with technical leads, architects and management regarding WAS capabilities, performance and capacity planning.
• Provides Tier II/III level technical customer support, answering complex questions on function and usage of products.
• Participate in disaster recovery testing to verify the Disaster Recovery plan.
• Provide technical support for PC’s , servers and network infrastructure associated with WAS applications and servers.
• Lead troubleshooting of internal and client related WAS access issues.
• System administrator of operating systems and storage infrastructure.
• Install and maintain SSL Certificates.
• Continually strive for both product and process improvement in order to maximize the investment in WAS.
• Research and recommend software development/workflow toolsets as required to meet reasonable governance and ease of use.
• Communicate with co-workers, team members, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
• Demonstrate reliable and predictable attendance.
• Other duties assigned to ensure overall departmental efficiency