|Cisco Engineer contract and full-time role's are for Blueline Consulting's client in Chicago loop: Our client is a best to work for Chicago company in Crains, as well as on the fastest growing list!
Job Purpose: Define the business needs of the client network in order to establish and maintain the Cisco network performance. Cisco Engineer will be building net configurations and connections, as well troubleshooting the existing Cisco network problems.
* Establishes Cisco networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing Cisco system standards.
* Maximizes Cisco network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with Cisco network architects on network optimization.
* Secures Cisco network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
* Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
Candidates must be able to provide 2nd level Support for a global network with over 13,000 devices 24/7/365. The network is all Cisco equipment. (4506e, 2900, 3560, 3750 switches, 2900 series routers & ASA 5500 series)
• Troubleshoot and resolve incoming calls from the helpdesk and users around the world with network connectivity and application related issues.
• Use several different software applications to proactively monitor, identify and resolve network connectivity issues which could include Outages, Latency or Utilization. (HP Network Automation , HP Network Node Manager, OpNet, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, F5 , PortIQ, LaSalle Lamp-Cisco SmartNet, Shares)
• Client Interaction and division interaction with decision makers. Gathering management requirements in order to prioritize transactions from minor to critical in status