BI/Analytics is responsible for leading the development, execution and adherence to a suitable technical and solution architecture for enabling their delivery capabilities. This role requires close working relationship with Business partners and SAP center of excellence. Role is directly accountable for the conversion of project requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the solution being created. This conversion is based largely upon the standards and design patterns that have been established in the enterprise and guided by the requirements and objectives of the business units.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Lead development of conceptual and architectural solution blueprint for assigned projects to meet business requirements while ensuring compliance with established architectural principles, standards, and processes.
· Provide deep SAP technical/architecture guidance to project teams in areas of BI and Analytics.
· Partner with other architecture disciplines to develop reference architectures and best practices
· Lead identification of assets or services that can be re-used by the project teams to drive consistency, cost reduction, and increases speed to market within assigned architecture or functional domains
· Participate on architectural governance team(s) and processes to guide and sanction critical architectural decisions
· Advocate the communication of and adherence to defined application architecture strategy.
· Proactively monitor strategic direction of SAP Vendors, technology and market trends, and determine their potential impact and value to the enterprise.
· Develop solution architectures and roadmaps in conjunction with Business Process partners and strategy teams.
· Research and lead development of prototypes to assess and build new capabilities in the enterprise.
Education Level and/or Experience :
- Bachelors’ Degree
- 3-5 years SAP Centric Architecture experience including full implementation life cycle. Experience in CPG company preferred.
- Comprehensive SAP product knowledge in areas including SAP BI, BOBJ, BW, HANA, BPC, Data Services and integration with SAP Portal
- Experience with Hadoop Big Data platform and integration with SAP is a plus
- Working knowledge of systems architectural concepts and frameworks like TOGAF preferred
- Deep expertise in architecting Integrations between SAP to non-SAP solutions
- Experience developing 3-5 year roadmaps of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state
- Experience developing, modifying, and executing IT strategies within the SAP product portfolio suite