Job DescriptionBlueline Consulting is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator.
This individual will be responsible for the day-to-day administration, maintenance and support of the Microsoft Architecture including Active Directory (AD) services and Group Policy, Distributed File & Print services, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Anti Virus infrastructure, and desktop life cycle management. Responsibilities include enforcement of hardware standards, securing standard desktop software configurations, and administration of our Software Distribution infrastructure.
The following duties are typically expected of this position:
• Provide support to end-users in troubleshooting and resolving of desktop PC/Server
problems (hardware, software and application) and related peripherals (Printer, scanner,
• Providing computer support services for both software and hardware for DOJ employees.
• Build and Deployment of software distribution packages for designated applications.
• Testing of computers and ensuring that computer systems are functioning properly.
• Physical set up of computers and software system installation for various computer
applications and programs.
• Identifying and solving any problems that affect computer operating systems.
• Individual assessments of computer systems to identify the problem(s).
• Maintenance and upgrading of computer systems or offering recommendations on upgrades
• Training staff and orienting them on how to use computer hardware and software systems.
• Maintaining other computer peripheral devices such as printers and solving printing problems
if they arise.
• Coordination of computer maintenance with other Information Technology professionals such
as Network Operations staff.
• Perform installation, setup, configuration, migration, upgrading and maintenance of desktop
PC/Server, OS, software and related peripherals.
• Complete prompt and meticulous updating of daily incident handled into the incident
• Be responsive and pro-active when handling end-users' PC problem and request.
• Highly customer focused and diligent towards providing good customer service.
• Design and implement test plans for distribution of software applications and patches on all
• Complete necessary debugging procedures to rollout applications and patches error-free.
• Develop support procedures, technical documentation, and other related documentation.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
• Strong understanding and experience supporting Microsoft Architecture including AD
services and Group Policy, Distributed File & Print services, VDI, WSUS, Anti Virus
infrastructure, and desktop life cycle management.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Architecture including AD services and Group policy,
Distributed File & Print services, VDI, WSUS, Anti Virus infrastructure, and desktop life cycle
• Must have demonstrated work experience in a large enterprise environment supporting and
maintaining core Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Windows Server
2003/2008, and Anti-virus software such as McAfee or Symantec.
• Ability to diagnosis and trouble-shoot desktop imaging, application packaging and
• Experience with LANDesk and/or SCCM
• Ability to understand and use technical documentation effectively.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Provide desktop support and troubleshooting in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain incident response logs and associated performance consistent with Service Level
Administer IT operational tasks in order to ensure a properly operating and controlled
• Bridge any gaps in system configuration needs as assigned.
• Should have strong experience with the following technologies: Remote software distribution,
push technology for antivirus and signature files, automation of software patches, remote
control and remote administration of workstations.
• Strong working knowledge of operating systems environments (MS), file server print and web
server administration/configuration, browser configuration, database environments and
related software applications.
• Competent with mainstream office automation technologies (especially with Microsoft
• Ability to prioritize workload and maintain a cheerful, client-friendly persona under sometimes
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to react quickly, reliably, honestly, and with a diverse set
of skills and personalities.
• Result Driven: get it done quickly and done correctly the first time.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment, to deal with constant change and
competing priorities, and to participate in continual process improvements.
• Strong experience supporting remote application access technologies (Citrix, RDP).
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi task in a fast pace environment
• Demonstrated advanced level problem solving skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Associates degree or two years post-secondary education, training, or equivalent experience.
• Must have at least 2 years work experience in remote access and application virtualization
technologies such as Citrix, VMWare, HyperV
• Must have a minimum of 2 years experience with VDI, OS/App Streaming, and Thin Client is a
• Must have a minimum of 2 years experience with VOIP and associated systems.
• Must have a minimum of 4 years experience supporting and maintaining core Microsoft
technologies including Windows Server 2003/2008, Exchange 2007/2010 and Active
• MCITP and/or MCSE Certification or equivalent is desirable
• Must have at least 4 years experience in a large corporate multi-site organization.
• Must have at least 4 years experience deploying solutions with enterprise tool sets.
• Must have a minimum of 4 years experience with troubleshooting, configuring, and securing
Microsoft Windows operating systems and desktops.
• Must have at least 4 years experience with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat,
other standard desktop applications.
• Must have at least 4 years experience using, configuring, and troubleshooting desktop
• Must have a minimum of 4 years experience troubleshooting and enhancing desktop security
and configuration management through Group Policy Objects (GPO) as well as the ability to
create custom policies.
• Minimum 4 years of desktop support experience.
• Experience identifying and troubleshooting PC hardware and line of business software