Business Analyst Long term consulting position
Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs as they relate to business intelligence and reporting. Collaborate with various business users to develop and review system documentation to identify reporting requirements and objectives. Support the production environment and daily reporting framework and assist in prioritizing business information needs to support business decision making capabilities. Serve as a change management agent and assist with developing and executing communication plans. Assist in coordinating, evaluating and analyzing operational and functional reporting and data analysis tools. Provide recommendations for continuous improvement in data, format, reports, data marts, and maintenance and enhancement of existing reports
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Perform analysis of business and user requirements as they relate to business intelligence and reporting needs. Support the delivery of data and reports through coordination of efforts of a cross-functional team of business and development teammates, and recommend innovative solutions to meet business user needs.
2. Assist in identifying business information needs for an enterprise data warehouse and related reporting structures and interfaces. Partner with customer teams, BI and Data Management teams to define analytical and reporting infrastructure, to support the strategic goals of the company.
3. Research and collaborate with other resources to support data integrity within the enterprise data warehouse and various system databases. Recommend changes to data warehouse and other systems to enhance reporting capabilities and/or data integrity.
4. Develop use cases and documentation to initiate enhancements to the enterprise data warehouse and various system databases. Assist in explaining the documentation and user stories, and in identifying system dependencies throughout the enhancement process to ensure requirements are met.
5. Consult with business teams to develop user documentation and training materials for business intelligence deliverables, and coordinate user training sessions.
6. Serve as project leader as well as business analyst, dependent upon size and scope of business intelligence projects and availability of resources.
7. Work in a team environment to assist other department personnel in the successful accomplishment of department and divisional objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Statistics or equivalent training and experience. Five or more years of experience researching, analyzing and developing solutions for complex business systems (relevant company knowledge/experience may off-set some of the technical requirement). Familiar with relational database concepts and SQL. Ability to lead and facilitate team collaboration, and to perform duties under general direction. Preferred experience includes using software tools to generate database queries, data files and reports, and two or more years working with Credit, Finance, or Risk Management.