|Blueline Consulting is seeking a Network Engineer. The Network Engineer will provide leadership and subject matter expertise in the design, implementation, and operations for Data Center, wide area network (WAN) and local area network (LAN) technologies in support of the Enterprise Network. The candidate analyzes data networking needs, to include recommending solutions, engineering, implementation and ongoing maintenance and support of the Enterprise Network. Responsible for daily monitoring of network equipment to identify problems, anticipate potential problems, and respond to active problems/issues. This role requires interaction with a cross-functional team of technology and business professionals including infrastructure, application development, business partners, and 3rd party subject matter experts to ensure that solutions are planned, developed, deployed, and maintained in accordance with criminal justice security, business requirements and business service level agreements.
The ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing and delivering simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- End to end ownership (architecture/design/scale) of our current and newly developing networks
- Lead the design of highly available networks, driving them from concept to launch
- Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
- Lead and/or participate on project teams to deliver impactful benefits to our customers
- Work closely with our software developers to fully automate network deployment and operations
- Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
- Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions
- Mentor and coach staff
- Review and implement changes on the network according to established change management policy and procedure
- Demonstrated experience supporting enterprise scale networks
- Experience supporting an environment with two or more data centers leveraging Cisco OTV
- Demonstrated experience implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting Cisco network hardware/software including: routers, switches, wireless access points, DMVPN, Firewalls, F5 load balancers, network monitoring and remote access.
- Demonstrated experienced designing/troubleshooting of spanning tree, routing protocols, IP network address subnetting
- Hands-on experience with enterprise class network monitoring systems
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting with Broadband service providers
- Ability to perform packet level analysis with network protocol analyzer software tools
- Experience using Internet and networking technologies such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, & NTP
- Informal project management experience or experience leading project teams
- Proven experience designing and delivering complex network projects
- In-depth knowledge of and significant experience with major Internet protocols
- Deep knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures
- Must be comfortable working in a Windows/Linux/Unix environment.
- Demonstrated experience creating software to automate network deployment or operations
- This is a professional support position. It requires 7x24 support responsibility.
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies including installation, software upgrades, building VIP’s, error handling, and L4 concepts. Experience with F5 Big IP
- Highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required, as well as experience initiating, driving and managing root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Effective prioritization and time management.
- Familiarity with compliance requirements including CJIS, FIPS 140-2, PCI, HIPAA