|We are seeking Engineers with a strong background in J2EE and Application Framework technologies to define, design and develop management solutions, databases and information models for the management of BroadSoft’s Web Services platform. This position requires a customer-focused and process driven team player, capable of delivering highly available and scalable multi-tier applications in a time critical manner.
|• Design, develop and debug software
• Work with product management to define new feature functionality
• Help architect new capabilities within the solution
• Research and propose changes to improve overall system performance
|Skills and Educational Requirements:|
|SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ATTRIBUTES:
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming methodologies, Java, J2EE, Servlets, JDBC and JSP.
• Knowledge of server side applications: Spring Framework and Java Server development.
• Strong working knowledge of Hibernate & MySQL
• Familiarity with and participation in open source development projects and Linux development.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with a team or to manage others.
• Knowledge of MySQL. Oracle TimesTen would be a plus
• Familiarity with XML, XSL, XSLT.
• Working Knowledge of protocols (SOAP, HTTP, VoIP).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and deliver on tight deadlines.
• Taking an application through from design to delivery.
• High attention to detail and to quality standards.
• Working in a small company environment (hands-on, willing to pitch in wherever needed).
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in CS/CE/EE or equivalent.
• 5+ years of Java Development experience. Using design patterns and object oriented programming.
• At least 7 years experience building scalable, high-performance systems and applications in Java with at least 2 years of Linux development experience.