The candidate will lead design, including data design, database architecture, metadata, ETL design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of data warehouse initiatives. Develop ETL templates, standards, processes & procedures for loading information into data warehousing systems and for ensuring reliability of information loaded. Seek continuous improvement in performance & tuning of data warehouse and ensure security of data. Lead Data Warehouse & BI software & tools evaluations and implement solutions. Recognized as advanced individual contributor.
Works with other IT technical teams and Business users to understand requirements and recommend & implement solutions. Assist less experienced peers and provide technical guidance.
Typically requires 10 years experience and skills or equivalent education in the following areas:
• Strong skills in data warehousing process design, ETL development, performance & tuning using the Informatica tool suite
• Excellent skills in the architecture of data warehouse and data integration strategies and solutions
• Demonstrated skills in establishing data warehouse best practice standards
• Excellent knowledge and programming in relational data base technologies; e.g. Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
• Strong skills working with relational and dimensional data models
• Strong skills working with slowly changing dimensions
• Strong data management and data analysis using SQL
• Proficiency with MS Office suite, MS Visio, and MS Outlook
• Ability to complete projects of substantial depth and complexity, and work with customers at many levels in the organization