Blueline Consulting is looking for a motivated Data. As a Database Administrator, you should strive to provide a high availability database environment and be passionate about using data to drive the future. We are looking for someone who has fresh ideas in database administration and data replication but is willing to learn the culture and environment. You will work on specific projects critical to our client’s needs. We need someone who is versatile and enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push our technology forward.
This position will:
- Coordinate physical changes to computer databases.
- Designs logical and physical databases.
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions.
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items such as insert, replace, retrieve or delete data.
- Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be accessed by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Enters codes to crate production data base.
- Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system.
This candidate will perform database administration work on the Oracle Exadata and VMware platform. Experience of at least 3 years work on these platforms will be given much consideration.