Blueline Consulting is currently seeking a Sr. Network Infrastructure Engineer for a trusted leader in financial information. This position will provide many challenges and no day is the same as the last. The role is responsible for network delivery as well as team leadership and customer interaction. The ideal candidate will have subject matter experience with multiple platforms including Cisco, Arista, Juniper, etc. with a minimum of one with the ability to scale up quickly.
The duties and responsibilities of the Sr. Network Infrastructure Engineer will include:
- Deliver and support network based electronic trading services to clients.
- Multitask and manage various ongoing client projects.
- Research, document, publish, and maintain network delivery policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Project Management team to increase quality of project deliveries to clients.
- Work with management to improve process, procedures and reduce inefficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco, Arista, and other vendor equipment and configuration
- Advanced knowledge and experience with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, etc)
- 7+ years’ experience hands on support and troubleshooting of networks
- 5+ years’ experience with design and network implementation.
- Understanding of network management, security and monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible to work on/off shift to meet client, market and internal requirements
- Detailed documentation skill set
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members
- Financial industry experience
- Multicast, BGP, VRF - setup, design and troubleshooting
- CCNP, CCIE Certifications.
Thinking out of the box: textbook solutions are not always the best solution