Network Infrastructure Project Manager
• Develops comprehensive and repeatable project plans for execution. Bridges gaps between project stakeholders, business sponsors, and technical resources. Works with diverse, cross-functional teams around LAN/WAN and Security Infrastructure. Develops timelines and work breakdown structures. Aids in the development of complex project budgets and human resources planning. Effectively closes projects, ensuring no gaps in handoff to IT support or other internal organizations.
• Manages multiple projects and delegates project tasks to assigned engineers, technicians, and project managers. Informs, motivates, and acts as initial escalation point for project team members. Communicates business objectives to project team members and explains how technical solutions meet those goals. Manages relationships with resources and stakeholders by influence.
• Works closely with technical staff to develop solutions to new or changing business objectives. Acts as primary authority to non-technical stakeholders but defers to technical resources to resolve conflicts.
• 3+ years of experience managing IT infrastructure projects from initiation to closure
• Possess basic understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts
• Experience working in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• Experience with project management best practices such as PMI, Waterfall, and Agile
• Experience in best practice Security Processes and Procedures as well as tools
• Proficiency with Virtualization, VMWare , ESX Server and VCenter
• Four years of experience managing IT infrastructure projects from initiation to closure
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders and varying levels of management
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies
• PMP, PMI Certifications
• Experience as a leader and mentor for project teams in a matrixed security environment
• Experience in distribution, manufacturing, logistics, or other warehouse environments