Junior Windows Systems Administrator
Looking for the next step, gaining experience on the Server Side from a strong Desktop background?! We are looking for someone with 3 to 5 years of experience supporting a Network and Server Systems environment. Candidate doesn’t need to be an expert in any Server/Laptop/Desktop technologies but rather a wide breadth of knowledge. This person needs to be a very strong communicator with a great attitude and ability to interact with all levels of company personnel.
Experience should include Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems. Networking skills are a must including switching, routing, and firewalls. Being able to troubleshoot any physical issues as well as some basic application troubleshooting is a requirement. This would include the ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and monitor websites using appropriate tools. Being able to work in a team as well as on their own is also key. Documentation should be a key item as well for client deliverables.
Servers Maintenance and Administration
- Provide support/expertise to the desktop support team
- Documentation of environment including credential management
- Active Directory Windows Server 2003 to Windows 2012
- Troubleshooting skills for Windows Server products
- Troubleshooting skills for mission critical applications such as SQL Server, Exchange Server, Office 365 suite, Active Directory
- Setup network security for access to appropriate data including network shares, user homes, and SharePoint
- Daily Monitoring of servers and applications
- Understanding of local area networks, wide area networks, VPN, TCP/IP, and associated technologies is required
- Setup VLAN’s, and assign appropriate settings to various devices connected to switches, wireless access points.
- Basic understanding of IIS and Apache
- Active Directory including Windows Domain security models
- Windows server 2003 to 2012 plus Linux
- Understanding of cloud service providers such AWS, Azure, etc…
- DELL Hardware
- Cisco ASA, Catalyst switches
- Windows Vista through Windows 10 operating systems
- Office 2007 to 2013 including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lync, and BI Tools
- Laptop/Desktop/Server Imaging using tools such as Ghost, MDT
- Virus and Anti-malware protection including products such as Trend Micro, Microsoft Intune, Forefront Endpoint Protection
- Storage – Support of Fiber/iSCSI environments, NAS/DAS/SAN