Web Application Director
Work with senior leadership and global finance team to manage annual budgeting process, as well as monthly/weekly/daily forecasting and reporting.
Lead Global Web Development Strategy:
The Director will lead the definition of planning, management, and delivery of the processes and tools for the web development team. Including, strategic web development initiatives, ecommerce websites, global CMS platforms and branded B2C sites, through the software development lifecycle and on-time/on-budget delivery.
- Manage cross functional teams, including internal and contractor resources
- Set development standards and best practices
- Work across the organization to drive alignment on key function and technical teams
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing team to create requirements documentation
Manage ongoing development and maintenance for existing and new applications.
- Oversee release management and change management processes.
- Partner with business to set issue prioritization
- Create best-practice SDLC artifacts, policies and procedures.
- Participate in vendor selection, SOW negotiation and provide direction to vendors and their staff on statements of work.
- Create and maintain project/platform budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related field required.
- 8-10 years of experience in e-commerce development, web development or similar role.
- In depth experience with the .NET framework
- Experience developing web applications using the Microsoft stack (MS SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# or VB.NET)
- Experience / Knowledge in design and development of multi lingual / multi region websites.
- Experience in content migration projects.
- Solid programming knowledge of the following databases (MS SQL Server and Mongo) and knowledge of IIS, Team Foundation Server.
- Experience in object-oriented programming.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- At least 4 years of experience in project life cycle activities on development and maintenance projects.
- At least 4years of experience in Design and architecture review and expert knowledge in software development life cycle.
- Ability to work on a team in diverse/multiple stakeholder environment.
- Strong and proven leadership skills including hands-on project management and ability to motivate with strong leadership / attitude.
- Experience designing and supporting sales and service process and supporting processes for a B2B, B2C site that integrates with a SQL backend.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with large scale e-commerce website architectures and implementations. Foundation Server, JS, HTML5, CSS/LESS,SCSS, Mongo, AWS.