is seeking a Senior Greenplum DBA
to lead a very important client initiative. You will be leading/supporting multiple big data initiatives as the Greenplum / Postgres Expert. This role requires us to focus on the operation of complex Greenplum and Postgres systems, managing availability, optimum performance and end user support. This role requires strong collaboration and communication skills to interact with various IT and business groups.
- Day to day administration of Greenplum and Postgres databases
- Collaborate with development, architecture, and release teams, providing architectural design recommendations, driving standards for effective GreenPlum and Postgres transition to production operations
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for GreenPlum, using different tools
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of GreenPlum for production and non-production environments
- Conduct technical reviews and Walkthroughs of system design documentation with development and design team members.
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a Greenplum data warehouse environment
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Create users, establish database security, create resource queue, performance tuning in terms of query execution etc.
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades and Manage Disaster Recovery environment
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of information technology experience
- 2+ years DBA experience with Greenplum and PostgreSQL supporting large enterprise environments
- 3+ years experience of working in a Linux environment
- Expertise in problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Hadoop distribution experience, such as Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapR, etc.
- In depth knowledge about the GreenPlum architecture
- Solutions Design and installation/configuration experience with GreenPlum administration
- Exposure to ITIL processes
- Expertise on GreenPlum sizing & end to end performance fine tuning
- Experience working in a 24x7 support environment
#Python, #Perl, #Java, #C, #postgreSQL #SQL #query #postgres