SQL Server Engineer for Healthcare Software Products! Consulting or full-time hire.
Development activities will include Updating/Maintenance of existing T-SQL code and/or developing new T-SQL objects (Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Triggers etc.) to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. This role will also work closely with software engineers and architects to ensure code is in alignment with documented T-SQL development standards or industry best practices.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create/implement Transact SQL (T-SQL) for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Experience with production support and troubleshooting issues based on support tickets
- Migrating data from existing databases utilizing SSIS and ETL procedures
- Review queries created by other developers for adherence to standards and performance issues
- Interact with Greenplum DBAs and SQL experts on issues and identify and validate approaches for remediation of these issues
- Interact with Database, Applications analysts and Business users for requirements gathering.
- Do impact analysis of existing applications and suggest best ways of incorporating new requirements
- Work with the quality assurance team to build test plans to validate that T-SQL modifications/new code meet the business requirements
- Create documentation when required for changes
- Maintain standards compliance
- Collaborates with key stakeholders including architects, software engineering, and project managers to report out development progress and escalates issues requiring attention.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
- At least 7+ years of T-SQL development experience in SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012 with a heavy emphasis on stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers
- 4+ years of Experience in SSIS Package Maintenance and Development.
- Experience with performance enhancement/tuning for T-SQL Code as well as database objects (Tables, Views etc.)
#ssis #t-sql #sqlserver #tablejoin