Big Data ETL/Translation Specialist roles of all levels, seeking the Lead to build a team in the Chicago loop!
The Data Analytics Engineering Team at our Forbe’s best to work for client is hiring Big Data Specialists at every level. (Big Data Lead Engineer, Big Data Engineers at all levels) Lead Engineer will manage and drive overall architectural design to implement a highly complex technical and analytical solutions and reporting tools to solve very complex business problems. Responsible for designing and delivering the standard and ad-hoc reports, metrics, dashboards, cubes, and various data visualization reporting solutions. Provide technology and process leadership to help develop the data warehouse reporting and analytics roadmap in collaboration with Cross Functional Teams. Responsible for solving data challenges through architecture, design and implementation of Oracle, Hadoop, Business Objects, Tableau and other modern data technology based solutions including data acquisition, storage, transformation, security, data management and analysis using these technologies. As a Data Engineering and Analytics Manager at Allstate you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on implementation role in the areas of data techniques including data access, integration, modeling, visualization, mining, design and implementation
- Design and execute the strategy for reporting practices. Create an agile development process and leads and directs efforts to use a variety of tools and/or programming languages to build highly complex reporting, data visualization and/or analytical self service tools.
- Manage the business intelligence team and vendor partners, ensuring to prioritize projects according to customer and internal needs, and develops top-quality dashboards using industry best practices. Reports project progress on a regular basis
- Collaborate with Information Technology team members and business unit stakeholders to gather, understand and translate business requirements. Ensures the best use of business intelligence applications which enhance business decision making capabilities
- Manage and provide technical leadership to large data programs or multiple programs implementation based on the requirement using agile technologies
- Develop/enhance and recommend policies, tools, practices, standards for data quality verification and cleanup, extract summarization, reporting and analysis.
- Architect and develop integrated data management capabilities, including metadata capture, data quality, and access management that enable the understanding, sharing, and security of data
Job Qualifications: Simply put, you can take 5-10 sources of data and translate them into a Dashboard to beautifully present to the end users. You make the data speak and it changes the way we look at everyday consumer goods. Election data specialists will be paving new ground for a top Data Research Firm in the world!
- A minimum 10+ years of experience within the field of Data Engineering and Analytics
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in Data Analytics development overseeing the direction, development and delivery of large scale data platform solutions in fast pace Agile environments using continuous delivery
- Expert in in Hadoop Eco-System with one or more distribution like Cloudera and HortonWorks
- Expert in one or more ETL, BI, Analytics and advanced visualization technologies such as Tableau, Business Objects
- Strong desire and experience with data in various forms - data warehouses/Oracle/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem tool such as Sqoop, Spark, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming
- Strong experience with database and logical models and analytical and qualitative models and an understanding of relational databases
- Bachelor’s or Masters/MBA in a field such as Math, Business, Computer Science or Data Architecture
#hadoopjobs #bigdatajobs #oracle #businessobjects #tableau #chicagoloop