Take our Mainframe / DB2 environment into the future of Business Intelligence!
The position is responsible for assisting with an all-important update of our current systems! We have crucial data that needs help updating to allow Dash-boarding and BI of legacy data. With your experience administering, developing and supporting DB2 Production environments, you will be our savor!
- Experience Designing / Supporting and working with DB2 9.5 and Linux/Unix
- Experience with multi-Terabyte DB2 databases
- COBOL / CICS experience in the past
- In-depth knowledge of DB2 backup and recovery techniques, database upgrades and patches
- Expert level knowledge of and ability to use SQL and stored procedures.
- Experience using Linux including shell programming, BASH and Korn shells.
- Expert experience in database performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, Data Stage, etc) preferred
- Experience with DBI Monitoring and Performance tools
- Experience with WLM (Work Load Manager)
- Experience with DB2 Federated databases
- Experience collecting database statistics for forecasting, key performance indicators and SLA statistics.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team under minimal supervision.
- Experience with DB2 Cloud Services
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or related experience
#db2dba #cobol #db2 #cics #db2job